- Model NO.: CAS number 121-33-5
- Packaging Material: Paper
- Shelf Life: >12 Months
- Application: Drinks, Flour Products, Jelly/Ice Cream, Baked Goods
- Formula: C8h8o3
- Appearance: White Crystals
- Trademark: Hugestone
- Specification: C8H8O3
- HS Code: 29124200
- Certification: BRC, ISO, FDA, HACCP
- Storage Method: Normal
- Main Active Ingredient: Vanillin
- CAS: 121-33-5
- Unii: Chi530446X
- Density: 1.056 G Cm−3
- Transport Package: 25kg/Drum
- Origin: Shandong
Vanillin is also used in the fragrance industry, in perfumes, and to mask unpleasant odors or tastes in medicines, livestock fodder, and cleaning products.
Vanillin has been used as a chemical intermediate in the production of pharmaceuticals and other fine chemicals. In 1970, more than half the world's vanillin production was used in the synthesis of other chemicals, but as of 2004 this use accounts for only 13% of the market for vanillin.
Additionally, vanillin can be used as a general purpose stain for developing thin layer chromatography (TLC) plates to aid in visualizing components of a reaction mixture. This stain yields a range of colors for these different components.